Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pie Run & Monster Bash

What better way to burn off some of those vacation pounds than to get up the morning after you get back and run a 10k with your family? :) Josh pushed both kids in the double stroller (about 85 lbs.) and I still could not keep up with him. He was nice enough to keep on jogging back to me to make sure I was still moving. Anyway the weather was perfect and the jog was really nice...I could watch the sun coming up as I jogged alongside the brow. Even though it was really hilly, it was one of the most enjoyable ones that I have done. Ty LOVED it when all the young girls would cheer for him and give him five, I wish I had that on video.

And then last night we went to the Creative Discovery Museum to their Monster Bash. They had pumpkin painting, a maze, roasting marshmellows, a fiddler, hot cider, balloon animals, and the list goes on. We all really enjoyed it!


4 comments:

Tessa said...

Congrats on the run!! It look like the kids had fun at the Monster Bash

Anthony said...

Great job! Did you get a pie?! I am sure Josh was being a nice guy "checking back on you" Kathy, but I think he must have had a vested interest too. Maybe trying to make sure you finished so you guys had two chances for one of the pies, or maybe trying to guilt you into pushing the stroller when you saw him with it over and over.....

Isabella's Mommy.... said...

woo hoo, you guys must have tons of energy to just get back from a long vaca and get up early to run!! you rock!! love the kids halloween outfits - so cute!

Beck, Helen and Will's Mom said...

Glad you had fun on the Saturday morning run! That is a cute picture of your family before the race! I just love how much use you are getting out of the "Fireman Sam" costume! That was certainly money well spent! We had so much fun with you guys last week! The kids keep telling Ty and Marley stories! Hope your week is going well....getting back to reality!