Sunday, July 13, 2008

Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon

Last year Josh registered for the Chattanooga Waterfront Triathlon so he could get the discounted rate, he wasn't expecting to slash his wrist open 2 months before the race. Well on Wednesday (yes this past Wednesday) he decided he might give it a try. I was very reluctant at first but you all know that Josh does not listen to me. Anyway he did it and we are so proud of him! Not too bad for a one handed man, to see all of our pics click on the July album.Here are the kids waiting on Josh. We got there at 7:30 am but somehow we missed him coming out of the swim and on the bike. Luckily we got to see him on the run. What fun!I never got Marley's pic in her baptism dress, so I put her back in it just to take a pic. Of course I washed it and ironed it for the pic and she spit up on it even though she was only in it 2 minutes. :)

3 comments:

Beck, Helen and Will's Mom said...

Congratulations, Josh! I'm not surprised at his determination to compete in the triathlon. However, I am amazed at his physical ability to COMPLETE the triathlon with all that he has been through! Love the pics of the kids cheering for him and it was funny to watch the progression of the morning as Ty got wetter and wetter! Looks like a fun day! Marley is beautiful in her dress! Great pictures!

Amy Beard said...

I am impressed Josh, that is real determination. Glad you all had a fun day, looks like even the rain can't stop the Harpers! Marley looks beautiful in her dress!

Anthony said...

Great job Lefty and you even beat your time from last year when you had two good hands and more training.

And Kathy I believe that Marley may still be a little too short to wear you white dress, even if she does look adorable it in....