Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Baby's 1st Day of "School"

Today Ty had his 1st day of preschool at our church (Presbyterian Day School, PDS). Since Ty usually has a hard time when I leave, we had really been talking up school for days now. Well he did great! I dropped him off and he did not cry, he didn't have any accidents, & his teacher said he did great. Here is a pic of him with his backpack...it seems just like yesterday I was putting him inside the backpack when he was an infant to take his picture.
He told me he had fun and I asked him if he wanted to go again next week and he said how about tomorrow. I told him that he could go back next Wednesday and he said tomorrow. Ha! He doesn't know that we are just paying for one day a week...all that worrying for nothing. :)

While Ty was gone Marley and I went for a jog, visited Laura, painted a little bit, planted flowers and then I ate a nice quiet lunch by myself. Until next week.

4 comments:

Beck, Helen and Will's Mom said...

He looks so happy! We are so glad that Ty had a great day! YOUR day sounds like a dream! Enjoy your Wednesdays! :)

Amy Beard said...

Glad he had a great time. I wish the boys could go together or at least on the same day! Seems like just yesterday they were starting nursery together & now look at them....Enjoy your days with Marley!

Isabella's Mommy.... said...

yay Ty!! how exciting and i'm so glad he enjoyed his first day - what a relief!! it will be nice to be able to spend some quality time with marley too. . .

Tessa said...

I am glad to hear that he did great which we knew he would. Please tell him that we are so very proud of him!