Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving & Black Friday

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families. What a wonderful time to reflect on all the things we have to be thankful for. I am so, so blessed. Anyway we started the day off by driving to Lenoir City (Josh and I are both from there) to eat lunch with his family and then dinner with my family. Here are Ty & Marley eating with their cousins...

Pilgrim Ty & Pouting Marley eating their Thanksgiving lunches at Nana & Papa's. The food was delicious and the company was great!

At 5 o' clock we went to my Uncle & Aunt's house and ate Thanksgiving meal #2. It was so nice to see everyone and let the kids play.

Here I am with my Granny. :) I love to be around her and think about my Papaw, this was our 1st Thanksgiving without him.

Friday morning mom and I got up a little before 5 am and went shopping. We bravely decided to wake Ty up and take him with us and we all had a great time. We didn't find too many deals but we considered it a feat in itself to wait in line at Toys R Us for over an hour and none of us get in a fight. :)
Ty taking a break from shopping to ride the carousel.

Luckily Thanksgiving helped us stretch out our tummies for the all you can eat sushi buffet on Monday night. Oh yeah!

2 comments:

Amy Beard said...

I still can't believe you woke Ty up to go shopping!! I am impressed that you guys made it through the day!! I was kid free and was stressed with all the people!! Glad you guys had a good time!

Beck, Helen and Will's Mom said...

We had fun visiting with you guys for Thanksgiving! Glad that you had a good time with your family as well! How fun that Ty got to get in on the Black Friday tradition at such an early age! Hope you found many great deals! Have a great week!